Being fast and accurate at typing is becoming increasingly important in today's world of computers and devices. With RapidTyping Portable you can improve your typing easily.
RapidTyping Portable includes a series of simple exercises to get you started in the art of typing without having to be constantly looking at the keyboard. The program lets you train specific groups of letters that are located next to each other on the keyboard, and also shows you the right finger to use for each of them. At the end of the lesson you're presented with some colorful statistics that show information about your performance and improvement.
The interface in RapidTyping Portable is a bit weird, as it includes some background images and animations that can be quite distracting. Luckily you can disable both and use a plain, white background during your lessons.
Regarding lessons, the ones included in RapidTyping Portable are quite basic; they only cover groups of letters and don't include any real words or sentences. On the upside, you can easily create your own lessons, and put yourself to test with real custom texts. And of course, being a portable application, you can run RapidTyping Portable without leaving any trace on the computer – or even run it from a USB key.
With RapidTyping Portable you can easily improve your accuracy and speed at typing.
- Typing Test:
- - BiDi algorithm added( full support Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, Hindi, Sanskrit, Khmer, Thai and other languages );
- - in current version the real font can be chosen for lesson;
- - bug for missed space character at the end of the line( in Multi-edit mode ) fixed;
- Typing Lesson Editing:
- - splitter between lesson text and lesson characters window added;
- - font size scale added;
- - "Show/Hide keyboard"(F9) hotkey added;
- Virtual Keyboard:
- - scaling on wide-screen monitors improved;
- Typing Lessons:
- - Arabic beginner and expert typing course updated. ( requires reinstall ) thanks to Ibrahim Saed
- - English expert typing course updated. ( requires reinstall )
- Interface Translation:
- - Arabic interface language updated; thanks to Ibrahim Saed
- - Greek interface language updated; thanks to geogeo.gr
- - Windows 2000 compatibility restored;
- - RapidTyping news buttons for Google+, Facebook, Twitter added; ( under "About" )
- - saving splitter position added;
- - other minor bugs fixed;